Adelaide’s Leading Invisalign Specialist
Dr De Angelis is Adelaide’s top Specialist Orthodontist and the leading Invisalign clear aligner specialist in the state. Why?
Dr De Angelis was one of Adelaide and Australia’s first providers of Invisalign and has been providing Invisalign to his patients for over 18 years.
He is an expert in straightening teeth and correcting bites – all day, every day! Over 10,000 patients have trusted him with their smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is the clear and virtually invisible solution for straightening your teeth – for adolescents, teens and adults.
Invisalign is a virtually invisible treatment that uses an innovative approach to gently yet effectively straighten your teeth.
Through a series of custom-made, removable aligners that look like a thin, clear mouthguard, Invisalign gradually and gently moves your teeth to an ideal position. Invisalign clear aligners are clinically proven to treat minor teeth straightening through to moderate and severe malocclusions.
Along with the clear aligners you may have buttons, attachments and elastics as part of your treatment. Why they are an important part of your treatment has been detailed here.
How does Invisalign work?
When you begin Invisalign treatment, you wear one aligner per week (or per fortnight – depending on your treatment plan) until you have worn your entire set of aligners. The number of aligners you need to wear will depend on your treatment plan.
Each week you scan into the Dental Monitoring app. Dental Monitoring uses artificial intelligence to track your teeth movement. These scans are analysed by Dr De Angelis and our team to work out if the teeth have moved sufficiently for that week, in accordance with your treatment plan.
Within 12 hours from your scan, you’d expect to get a message within the app to say you can proceed onto your next set of aligners – this is a ‘GO‘. Or you will be advised to stay in your current aligner for a bit longer (so your teeth have a bit more time to move into the required position) – this is a ‘NO GO‘.
Together with tracking your progress on Dental Monitoring, you will come in for regular in clinic appointments so we an ensure your treatment is going as planned. At those appointments you’ll see Dr De Angelis and the entire team.
After an initial consultation, we will create a customised 3D treatment plan based on your records. This will allow you to view the final predicted position of your teeth. It will also allow us to inform you of the likely length of your treatment.
The customised aligners will then be manufactured and shipped to us to fit, before we hand them over for you to wear every day, and change as prescribed.
You will only need to visit us approximately every six to eight weeks to monitor your progress.
What are the advantages of Invisalign treatment?
- Invisalign aligners are removable, making it easier to eat, brush and floss.
- Invisalign treatment may give you visible results from as early as the first month of treatment.
- Virtually invisible, very few people would notice you’re having your teeth straightened with Invisalign.
- With no metal brackets cutting your mouth, Invisalign are known as being a more comfortable way of straightening your teeth.
- Orthodontic visits are only needed approximately every 6-8 weeks.
Once I start Invisalign treatment, what do I need to do?
You will only need to visit us in one of our Adelaide clinics approximately every six to eight weeks thanks to our ability to monitor your progress via Dental Monitoring. This is fantastic for the busy lifestyles we lead as it means less in-clinic appointments!
Fewer appointments and faster treatment time, the Dental Monitoring app allows you to receive instant feedback from Dr De Angelis on a weekly basis.
There may be instances where we only need to see you every 12 weeks if your treatment is tracking well via the Dental Monitoring app.
How do I get the best results with my Invisalign treatment?
Here are our top tips!
- Wear each aligner for 22 hours a day during your treatment for best results and a timely outcome.
- Yes you can eat ice cream with Invisalign! You can eat what you want while in treatment because the Invisalign aligners are removed when eating or drinking. This means you don’t need to refrain from your favourite foods and drinks. However, it’s recommended that you floss and brush your teeth after each meal and prior to re-inserting your aligners to maintain proper oral hygiene.
- You can drink water with your aligners in however, we recommend that you avoid drinks such as coffee, tea, wine and beer while wearing the aligners. This is to avoid cavities and stains forming on your teeth, or warping your aligners with hot beverages. Rule of thumb is water is OK with aligners in but for every other drink, take your aligners out.
- We recommend no smoking while wearing aligners because it’s possible for them to become discoloured.
- If you love your chewing gum we recommend removing your aligners as the gum may stick to them.
- Visit us for a check-up approximately every 6-8 weeks to see how your treatment is progressing. During your check-ups, we will check that the aligners are fitting well and make any adjustments if necessary.
- Some people might experience temporary, minor discomfort for a few days at the beginning of each new stage of treatment. This is normal and is typically described as a feeling of pressure. It’s a sign that the Invisalign aligners are sequentially moving your teeth to their final positions. This discomfort usually goes away a couple of days after you insert the new aligner in the series.
- If you notice a sharp pain or have significant discomfort, stop using the aligners and please contact us on 133 862.
In Adelaide and interested in Invisalign?
Book your no obligation consultation with our team today!
Our orthodontic consultations are $175 which include a personalised treatment plan by Dr De Angelis as well as X-rays, scans and photos.
If you decide to go ahead with treatment, the cost of the initial consult is taken off the cost of the retention phase of your treatment. If you have private health insurance, you may also be able to claim some of the cost of your initial consult, depending on your level of cover.
Making a booking is easy! You can book online anytime, at a time that suits you, or give us a call on 133 862 (Mon – Fri, 8am – 5pm) to arrange an appointment at one of our clinics located in Modbury, St Peters and West Lakes.